Saturday, February 11, 2012

llgo: back in business

I've been hacking away on llgo, on evenings and weekends when I've had the chance. It's now roughly equivalent in functionality to where it was before I upgraded LLVM to trunk (3.1) and broke everything. There's a couple of added bonuses too, like proper arbitrary precision constants, and partial support for untyped constants.

Now that the basics are working again, I'll get back to working on the import/export mechanism. I expect this will expose more design flaws, and will take a while. I still plan to make use of debug metadata, which I am not altogether familiar with. I'll also need to decide how the linker and the runtime library are going to work.

In other news, I've moved Pushy to GitHub. I'm not actively developing it at the moment, but I wanted to consolidate the services I'm consuming. I do have an addition to the Java API in the works: a sort of remote classloader, that will communicate over a Pushy connection to fetch classes/resources. The idea is to make it really quick and easy to run a bit of Java code on a remote machine, without having to deploy the application remotely. I'll hopefully get around to pushing this change within the coming few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment